June 13, 2011

Let us EAT!

   Since Shane and I have been watching Cougar Town for a couple of seasons, I have had my eyes on this wall decoration on Courtney Cox’s kitchen wall. I loved the colors of the letters and just the general typography of them. I figured they would be pretty easy to replicate. My brain created my next DIY project.




   There were the same letters at Anthroplogie for $14 each. I had heard that JoAnn Fabrics had letters to use for about $3 a piece. However, when I visited my local store, they didn’t have any of the large letters I wanted to use. Sooo I ended up just get a couple of fabric quarters to think about using on letters once I found some. Each fabric square was about 2 dollars and I purchased a few colors and prints. I figured I could use what I don’t need on other craft projects.


   My next stop in town was to Hobby Lobby. Thankfully they had a couple of options when it came to letters. I had it narrowed down to either wooden letters or a cardboard letter. In the end the cardboard won due to its lightweight and less “serifs” making them easier to cover and easier to hang!

   Once I got the letters home, I painted the front of them with leftover primer I had around the house. Now the fabric would be true to the color versus what it would look like on top of cardboard.

   Once the paint was dry, I covered each letter with fabric or ribbon. I secured the ends with a little dot of hot glue. You could easily use scrapbook paper and Mod Podge to cover letters as well. The possibilities are endless with how you personalize them.


TaDa!!!


   When I finished covering the letters, I use a couple of strips of 3m Command Strips to attach them to the wall.



Now they are placed right above the center bay window in my kitchen. I couldn’t be happier with the way they turned out!!

1 comment:

  1. As you may or may not know, it is a matter of fact that the majority of people spend around a 3rd of their life lying in bed. Interesting research has shown that a large percentage of people are spending more money on sofas than beds and mattresses long haul

    ReplyDelete