August 23, 2011

Quick Bathroom Change-up

Here is a quick change I made the other day to the half bath. Sometimes when I'm in a bad mood I want to spray paint something. The half bath had it's turn. Knocking one more thing off our to-do list.
I took off the old knobs, primed and painted those babies an Oil Rubbed Bronze finish.

Before:



And of course, After:

Love the way they turned out!!! From sassy brassy to lovely bronze! Its a subtle change, but they tie in nicely to the sink faucet. I probably wouldn't recommend spray painting knobs you use on a regular basis, but we rarely use the half bath, so hopefully they'll withstand the use. Not too bad for a $5 can of spray paint!!

Here's the list now:
-       Remove border paper
-       Repaint
-       Add some decorations
-       Change out the knobs to oil rub bronze (maybe spray paint the existing ones?)
-       Replace or spray the existing fixtures, I’m over all the brass
-       Add a rug
-       Maybe add a subtle stripe, with a glaze or same color paint in different finish

No comments:

Post a Comment