July 22, 2011

Half Bath Before and After

   When the BF and I moved into walked through our new house, I knew this was the first room I wanted to redo. And I was right; in fact I repainted the walls even before we moved in furniture. For some unknown reason, the former owner decided to make the downstairs half-bath a celestial sponge paint masterpiece. Unfortunately I did not share his taste in décor, and the navy and orange HAD TO GO! Enter my bucket of heavy duty primer and wallpaper remover. I took FOREVER to get the border off the wall. I’m pretty sure it was stuck to the wall with liquid nails or superglue. After peeling, and peeling and screaming it was finally off. I then tackled the paint. I would highly suggest using a heavy duty primer. I chose to go with a Kiltz primer, which worked pretty well. I wish I would have taken in between pictures, but at the time I wasn’t writing a blog, so you just get some before then after pictures.
Here is the LOVELY before pictures. 


And now the after pictures... We wanted to choose a paint color that was bright and airy since there aren’t any windows and the only lights are two small sconces over the sink. It is a light celery green color, even though it looks bluer in some of the pictures.





Oh and check out this little diddy I got at Hobby Lobby for a cool two dollars. J sweet!!



We still have a few more things we would like to do:
-       Remove border paper
-       Repaint
-       Add some decorations
-       Change out the knobs to oil rub bronze (maybe spray paint the existing ones?)
-       Replace or spray the existing fixtures, I’m over all the brass
-       Add a rug
-       Maybe add a subtle stripe, with a glaze or same color paint in different finish

1 comment:

  1. Taking care of your mattress is as important as maintaining your vehicle - not only good for the warranty, but for the general performance as well. Keep that in mind. semi truck

    ReplyDelete