June 26, 2011

Happy Father’s Day (a week later) :)

Well first of all I need to say HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!! I spent the beginning of this crazy, busy week with my two favorite parents!!! It was a fun-filled day of playing with dogs, shopping for flowers, and tearing down wallpaper.

Here are a few pictures of my gift to my dad… A trip to Lowe’s so he could purchase anything he wanted (with a limit of course haha). Growing up we used to take trips to Lowe's on Sundays just to browse, so it was nice to do that again with him.

  

  


  
  
 In the end, he ended up with 2 potted plants, and a couple of tools to rip off the wallpaper in the bathroom. I ended up with a couple of supplies on a project I’ve wanted to try (more on that later).
Here are the before and after pictures from taking down their bathroom wallpaper. Luckily for me it was really easy. Most of the sheets came off with just pulling and the other pieces came off with just spraying it with water. Unlike my last attempt at taking down wallpaper, which ended up taking 2 weeks and countless hours scouring, spraying remover, and scrapping off in tiny, tiny pieces. This time it only took about 3 hours, and that was with a dinner break in the middle. Eventually they want to paint, but I’ll have to wait for them to send me pictures of the final “after” these are just “in progress” pictures.

    

 SOOOOOOOOOO much better, now they need the PERFECT paint color. Maybe a nice latte color something similar to coffee would be nice in there with the blue and cream towels.

  



Here are some “in progress” pictures of the project I’m working on. I saw this inspiration picture one night and figured I would be able to make one myself.


 In the next few days I will hopefully have some finished pictures of the strands of beads along with a proper tutorial, but for now here are some teasers. First I gathered all the random Mardi gras beads that I had around the house and spray painted them soft yellow. I also spray painted a plant hanging basket from Lowes the same color. The next steps will be to attach the beads to the plant hanger. More to come later…




 
They will need some more paint, but it will be easy to add that once they are attached to the plant holder.


1 comment:

  1. For those who prefer foam mattresses and are overweight consider the latex mattress or the visco elastic mattress. Because these mattresses have no springs there are no painful pressure points exacerbated by the extra weight. freightliner truck mattress

    ReplyDelete