July 6, 2011

Fireworks & a backyard update

 First I want to say that I hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th! We spent the weekend (well I worked most of the weekend) but Sunday we visited our friends who had a cookout and cornhole tournament. And on the fourth the BF and I cooked hamburgers, and watched our neighbors shoot off fireworks. And as a note to myself,
1.    Buy fun fireworks next year
2.    Find a soundproof room for the dogs; they apparently do NOT like the fireworks. I found both of them under our bed a couple of times that night.
"Please mom make it stop."




   As you can remember by my VERY FIRST POST, the bf and I spent a lot of time fixing up our backyard. Well I’m pleased to say that I have not killed the plants!! I know it's hard to believe that I, the one who can kill the unkillable, can keep those flowers alive. I thought this called for a small update on what it looks like now. Most of these pictures are from the beginning of June but the last two are from this week. I wanted to take those because our fun purple flowers have now started to bloom, and they look great mixed in with the other plants we have.

Here you go!
June 5, 2011

I love this one!




July 5, 2011

Yay! New blooms!!

1 comment: