September 21, 2011

A Chair Named Pearl... Part 2

This project is going to take me forever! Here are a few updated pictures of part two of my chair reupholster job. It seems I can pull out staples for hours and still have more pieces of fabric to go. So far I’ve finished the back, left & right side outside panels, and the front-back piece.
I won’t go into much detail in this post because for the most part it was the same on this side as it was on the other side.
Here is what I started with.
Up next are the progress pictures. I won’t bore you with the major details, but I pretty much spent 3 hours pulling out staples and marking the fabric so I could use the old as templates.
I have a LOT of pictures of all the steps I took so when I go back to putting the new fabric on I can remember the little quirks and tricks.




Your eyes do not deceive you, the difference in color is really that drastic. And disgusting.



When I finished the outside panels, I took my attention to the front piece. I call it the front-back piece because it’s on the front of the chair, but is where your back will be when you’re sitting down (pretty self-explanatory right?)






The front-back piece was tucked into the sides of the chair and stapled to the back part of the frame. Which for me meant MORE STAPLES.




You wouldn’t believe some of the treasures I found when I was pulling out the staples and pulling apart the fabric. Luckly it wasn’t anything to gross, but there were a few bobby pins and toothpicks… just kinda makes you wonder about her previous life.


Now that I finished the outside, the only parts left are the inside side pieces and the seat cushion. Since it takes me so long to pull out the thousand staples out of the chair, I may have to wait for my next day off to finish. Here is what dear Pearl looks like now. Almost stripped to bare bones, almost.




Since I feel like this post needs some "pretty" in it, here are some pictures I’ve pinned on Pinterest for inspiration on what I want Pearl to look like when I finish. A girl can dream right?

Pottery Barn Landon Armchair ($999 - $1299) 


West Elm - Sweep Upholster Armchair ($499 - $599)


CB2  - parlour oatmeal chair ($699)
 And this little thing, because I like the way it looks even if I would never have that crazy of fabric in my house. It's the same as the above chair from West Elm, just in a different fabric.


West Elm - sweep upholster armchair ($499- $599)

Until next time, you can find me pulling out staples. Hopefully I'll be able to regain feeling in my pinkie and thumb. :)


P.S. Be sure to check out the inspiration websites (here, here, and here), there is a bunch of great stuff on all their sites!

1 comment:

  1. It is a combination of the ILD and density of a foam mattress that gives you the most accurate picture of its level of firmness and quality. Kenworth truck mattress

    ReplyDelete